New to Microlab?
Start with: What are some of the basics I should know?
If your question is not in the list, please send an email to [email protected].
If you are sure you are connected to the Microlab network and you are not using a VPN, please try removing the printer from the “Devices and Printers” list in Windows and adding the printer again following the guide steps in https://microlab.nl/ufaqs/how-do-i-install-a-printer/
I’m installing the printer on Windows and cannot see the printer in the list of possible devices, now what?
As a basis all our members get access to the Microlab wifi network. All offices also have a VLAN (per office) with a 20/20 Mbs internet connection. Support on ICT is on a best-effort basis and can be reached at [email protected].
If you need any upgrades from this standard, please see contact [email protected]l for a price list as the options depend on your membership type and where in the building you are.
The network you should use is: Microlab
(Note: do not use Microlab Guest if you are a member. This network is slower and doesn’t allow you to use the printers or meeting room tv’s.)
The password for this network is printed on the booklet you received when you became a member. It is also displayed on the monitors in the meeting rooms.
We find that in 9 out of a 10 cases, the printers can be installed by following the instructions you can find in: How do I install the printer?
If you followed those instructions carefully and it still does not work, please check the following:
- Did you precisely follow the instructions in How do I install the printer? If not, please try again and follow every single step.
- Are you connected to the Microlab WiFi network? You have to be connected to the Microlab WiFi network to print. (Note that Microlab Guest is not the same network.)
- Do you have an active VPN or Remote Desktop connection? The Microlab printers will only work if you are connected directly to the Microlab network. In order to print, you will need to turn off any VPN you are running.
- Did you manually set a DNS server? If so, the Microlab printers and meeting room presentation software will not work.
TIP: a quick way to test if the problem is either #2, 3 or 4 is to go to: http://darkblue5.microlab.nl. If that page loads, you are connected to the Microlab WiFi without a VPN and the printers should work. If that page does not load, you are either on the wrong network, are using a VPN or are somehow getting your DNS from somewhere other than our servers.
We have created a PDF with the full instructions. It is very important that you follow the steps precisely!
- For Windows download these instructions: Microlab-Printer-Instructions-Windows (EN) or Microlab-Printer-Instructions-Windows-Nederlands
- Step by step Windows 7 installation
- Step by step Windows 10 installation
- For Mac download these instructions: Microlab-Printer-Instructions-Mac (EN) or Microlab-Printer-Instructies-Mac-Nederlands
If the instructions do not work, please check out: Common Problems When Installing The Printer