New to Microlab?
Start with: What are some of the basics I should know?
If your question is not in the list, please send an email to [email protected].
If you are sure you are connected to the Microlab network and you are not using a VPN, please try removing the printer from the “Devices and Printers” list in Windows and adding the printer again following the guide steps in https://microlab.nl/ufaqs/how-do-i-install-a-printer/
Look in the printer’s bottom drawer, there should be extra paper there. If not, please send a WhatsApp message to 06 – 14609109.
- Did you follow all the instructions in the installation manual to the letter?! Please don’t take shortcuts. 8 out 10 times that we are requested to help, all we had to do was follow the instructions accurately.
- If you are using a Mac you need to have the papercut app installed and running.
- Make sure you’re on the actual “Microlab” wifi network, not on the Microlab Guest network.
- Disable your VPN or proxy if you have any. You cannot print to our printers while you are on a VPN connection.
- Make sure you are using the name servers assigned by the Microlab network. If you set your own nameservers (to 126.96.36.199 or 188.8.131.52, for instance), printing will not work.
- If you go to print.microlab-eindhoven.nl/user and enter your printer credentials, you should be able to see the document in the queue. If not, make sure you follow all the other bullet points, then contact us by sending and email to [email protected]
I’m installing the printer on Windows and cannot see the printer in the list of possible devices, now what?
We find that in 9 out of a 10 cases, the printers can be installed by following the instructions you can find in: How do I install the printer?
If you followed those instructions carefully and it still does not work, please check the following:
- Did you precisely follow the instructions in How do I install the printer? If not, please try again and follow every single step.
- Are you connected to the Microlab WiFi network? You have to be connected to the Microlab WiFi network to print. (Note that Microlab Guest is not the same network.)
- Do you have an active VPN or Remote Desktop connection? The Microlab printers will only work if you are connected directly to the Microlab network. In order to print, you will need to turn off any VPN you are running.
- Did you manually set a DNS server? If so, the Microlab printers and meeting room presentation software will not work.
TIP: a quick way to test if the problem is either #2, 3 or 4 is to go to: http://darkblue5.microlab.nl. If that page loads, you are connected to the Microlab WiFi without a VPN and the printers should work. If that page does not load, you are either on the wrong network, are using a VPN or are somehow getting your DNS from somewhere other than our servers.
We have created a PDF with the full instructions. It is very important that you follow the steps precisely!
- For Windows download these instructions: Microlab-Printer-Instructions-Windows (EN) or Microlab-Printer-Instructions-Windows-Nederlands
- For Mac download these instructions: Microlab-Printer-Instructions-Mac (EN) or Microlab-Printer-Instructies-Mac-Nederlands
If the instructions do not work, please check out: Common Problems When Installing The Printer