New to Microlab?
Start with: What are some of the basics I should know?
If your question is not in the list, please send an email to [email protected].
If you are sure you are connected to the Microlab network and you are not using a VPN, please try removing the printer from the “Devices and Printers” list in Windows and adding the printer again following the guide steps in https://microlab.nl/ufaqs/how-do-i-install-a-printer/
Regular mail comes in through our front desk. Parcels and registered mail come in through the Service Point.
Please bring it to the shop, so the rightful owner has a chance to get it back.
Ask Chris, he might have found it, or someone might have brought it to him.
No. If you need a couple of screws every now and then, ask Chris, he’ll help you out. But in general all materials and parts should be provided by members themselves. Wood can be ordered at Jongeneel, Baars & Bloemhof etc. who deliver at our loading docks.
We charge extra for use of the CNC machine. We also expect a maker to have a basic set of hand tools and a screw machine. You can borrow ours incidentally, but this should not become a habit. Anything you use with our power tools that wears down (sanding pads,drills etc.) should be provided by you.
Look in the printer’s bottom drawer, there should be extra paper there. If not, please send a WhatsApp message to 06 – 14609109.
- Did you follow all the instructions in the installation manual to the letter?! Please don’t take shortcuts. 8 out 10 times that we are requested to help, all we had to do was follow the instructions accurately.
- If you are using a Mac you need to have the papercut app installed and running.
- Make sure you’re on the actual “Microlab” wifi network, not on the Microlab Guest network.
- Disable your VPN or proxy if you have any. You cannot print to our printers while you are on a VPN connection.
- Make sure you are using the name servers assigned by the Microlab network. If you set your own nameservers (to 126.96.36.199 or 188.8.131.52, for instance), printing will not work.
- If you go to print.microlab-eindhoven.nl/user and enter your printer credentials, you should be able to see the document in the queue. If not, make sure you follow all the other bullet points, then contact us by sending and email to [email protected]
I’m installing the printer on Windows and cannot see the printer in the list of possible devices, now what?
As a basis all our members get access to the Microlab wifi network. All offices also have a VLAN (per office) with a 20/20 Mbs internet connection. Support on ICT is on a best-effort basis and can be reached at [email protected].
If you need any upgrades from this standard, please see contact [email protected]l for a price list as the options depend on your membership type and where in the building you are.
Can I have someone other than the primary member, be in charge of registering members, financial management, etc.?
Only with prior permission. Please send an email to [email protected] with a description of what you would like to do. Reasonable requests should not be a problem.
You can send an email to [email protected] If it’s urgent, you can send an WhatsApp message to: 06 – 14609109.
There’s a big bicycle storage on the side of our building which you can use for a one time deposit of €12,50. For more information, please see https://www.mobility-s.nl (Sadly, this site is only available in Dutch…)
To book a meeting room, you have two options:
- Login to MyMicrolab at https://my.microlab.nl and then click on book a meeting room on the left bar of the page. Then pick the meeting room and time you want to book.
- Walk to the room you want to book and use your Team ID and Pin on the tablet next to the room to make a reservation. (Where do I find my Team ID & Pin?)
To add another member, please login in to MyMicrolab at https://my.microlab.nl an then click on your name in the top right corner to open the menu in which you’ll see the register member link.
Note: if you don’t see the link, you are not the primary member and cannot register an new team member.
Tip: this is the direct link https://my.microlab.nl/en/register-member .
Microlab is a big place with a lot of resources you can use. This FAQ will give you some of the basics, so you can start finding your way around.
The network you should use is: Microlab
(Note: do not use Microlab Guest if you are a member. This network is slower and doesn’t allow you to use the printers or meeting room tv’s.)
The password for this network is printed on the booklet you received when you became a member. It is also displayed on the monitors in the meeting rooms.
To see your invoices, please login to MyMicrolab at https://my.microlab.nl and then click on your name in the top right corner to open the menu in which you’ll see the Invoices link. Note: if you don’t see the link, you are not the primary member and cannot see the invoices.
Pro tip: this is the direct link https://my.microlab.nl/en/invoices.
We find that in 9 out of a 10 cases, the printers can be installed by following the instructions you can find in: How do I install the printer?
If you followed those instructions carefully and it still does not work, please check the following:
- Did you precisely follow the instructions in How do I install the printer? If not, please try again and follow every single step.
- Are you connected to the Microlab WiFi network? You have to be connected to the Microlab WiFi network to print. (Note that Microlab Guest is not the same network.)
- Do you have an active VPN or Remote Desktop connection? The Microlab printers will only work if you are connected directly to the Microlab network. In order to print, you will need to turn off any VPN you are running.
- Did you manually set a DNS server? If so, the Microlab printers and meeting room presentation software will not work.
TIP: a quick way to test if the problem is either #2, 3 or 4 is to go to: http://darkblue5.microlab.nl. If that page loads, you are connected to the Microlab WiFi without a VPN and the printers should work. If that page does not load, you are either on the wrong network, are using a VPN or are somehow getting your DNS from somewhere other than our servers.
We have created a PDF with the full instructions. It is very important that you follow the steps precisely!
- For Windows download these instructions: Microlab-Printer-Instructions-Windows (EN) or Microlab-Printer-Instructions-Windows-Nederlands
- Step by step Windows 7 installation
- Step by step Windows 10 installation
- For Mac download these instructions: Microlab-Printer-Instructions-Mac (EN) or Microlab-Printer-Instructies-Mac-Nederlands
If the instructions do not work, please check out: Common Problems When Installing The Printer